Fizik R1 Infinito Knitted Road Shoes
Fizik R1 Infinito Knitted Road Shoes
The ultimate racers shoe designed for riding in hot weather with ultimate breathability. Following on from the success of the R1B shoe launched in 2016 the R1 Infinito takes fit to a whole new level. The volume control toe box combined with dynamic arch support means you have a show which conforms to your foot giving real comfort whilst the uni directional carbon fibre sole provides stiffness and ulitmate power transfer. The knitted upper material is highly breathable and comfortable yet retains stiffness where required.
- Volume control: The lower Boa controls toe box volume. The offset position means the front of the shoe wraps across the foot making it much more adaptable to different foot shapes.
- Dynamic arch support: The lower Boa also moulds the shoe to support the arch of the foot. The top Boa is then used to tighten the shoe to the foot.
- Uni directional, aerodynamic, vented carbon outsole with replaceable heel tab delivers power transfer through the pedals with ventilation to keep the feet cool on the toughest of climbs.
- Full uni directional carbon fibre, aerodynamic ventilated outsole.
- Knitted upper for comfort and high breathability with reinforcement and stiffness in areas where strength and support is required.
- Double BOA IP1-B closure system (tri-modal: tighten, loosen and complete release)
- Neutral fit to accommodate the majority of foot shapes
- Volume control and dynamic arch support to give the ultimate fit
- Fi’zi:k Cycling Insole
- Weight: 232g (size 42.5)
Mr T Great shoes but barbie doll sizing. I went with the sizing on the fizik size plus a size up. Both were so tiny. Ordered the next two sizes up, on the fourth shoes the toes finally didn't touch the front. With the right fit shoes are great - good power transfer and no movement/sliding in any direction. So disregarding the strange sizing and giving 5 stars
Miss Eveleigh Awesome shoes with fast delivery and just had to have them in 2 colours!
Mr Blanco Zapatilla con un confort cinco estrellas se siente la transmisión de fuerza al pedal
Mr Paul Smith Been using these shoes for two weeks now. I went true to size in a 41 from the size chart. They are a snug fit which is what i like in a road race shoe. Very good quality, light and feel very responsive at the pedals. Great price from Merlin and they arrived the next day.
Mr . C These shoes are great! Super soft, very comfortable and lightweight. If you're a fan of comfortable shoes with the barely there feel, these are it.
Louie Fine quality, handsome shoe. The Boa dials pull out to release tension (versus dialing counter-clockwise like S-Works) The fit is definitely WIDER than other size 43 shoes I've used over the years. In comparison to Giro Empire/Imperial and Specialized S-Works 6 & 7, the Infinito R1 Knit definitely feels roomier all around. In fact, so much so that I was prompted to move DOWN a half size to the 42.5 since I'd noticed movement in my heel (lifting) which was difficult to compensate for by over-cinching the top BOA dial. Once I'd moved to the smaller size -still with ample toe room - I had a beautiful fit. Speaking of "fit", if you've got sensitive feet or bunions or osteoarthritis deformations in your toes, this knit fabric stretches a bit to conform to your foot. (I can actually see the bump from my to arthritis while wearing but I don't care since it feels great!) Much more comfortable and forgiving than the other stiffer synthetics (like Dyneema "no-stretch" mesh used by Specialized). Seems durable as well, but only time will tell there. Sure, there's some minor sacrifice in sole stiffness, as well as some stretch in the uppers, but I honestly don't think I can notice any power loss NOR have I ever worn a more comfortable cycling shoe! Aside from that - the grey color is quite cool-looking. I get lot's of compliments for "stylish slippers"!
Nori I had the opportunity to try it on in Japan. There is no painful place and wraps up with comfort. It is a good feeling to be able to do very fine adjustment with the BOA dial. I have only tried it with rollers, but I'm looking forward to cycling. I want other colors as well!
Mr Lehrke Best shoes I've ever owned. They fit perfectly and the boa lacing system is so quick and easy. The ventilation is fantastic and makes riding in hot & humid weather so much more comfortable.