Northwave Extreme Pro Road Shoes
For the ultimate in power transfer and stiffness without sacrificing comfort, the Extreme Pro Road Shoes from Northwave have left no stone unturned in the pursuit of speed. With a design and construction with the single aim of producing the most power efficient shoe possible, Northwave looked into every aspect of the shoe, from how the sole is constructed to how the retention system affects power transfer. Carbon construction methods were tried and tested to find the ultimate level of stiffness and efficiency. Numerous versions of the dial retention system and dial placement were tested to find the balance of security, comfort and power transfer. The integrated heel design containing directional fibre is refined to prevent slipping and improves comfort. Power transfer is further increased by the Pro Regular Fit footbed with a stiffened dual-density design.
Constructed from 100% unidirectional carbon fibre, the PowerShape Carbon 15 sole featuring the exclusive Powershape® system on the arch of the foot delivers 100% power transfer from you to the bike. No watts are wasted as your power is channelled through the shoe to the pedals. With a stiffness index of 15, the Extreme Pro Road Shoes are the new performance benchmark for road soles. The efficient design of the sole is further enhanced by the use of the XFrame 2® upper construction. Giving a super secure and snug fit without any uncomfortable pressure points while ensuring transfer of power.
- Powershape Carbon 15 sole with Powershape® system for 100% power transfer
- Stiffness index of 15
- XFrame 2® upper construction for snug fit and power transfer
- Double SLW2 dial closure differentiates pressure between the top of the foot and the toe.
- Integrated heel system with unidirectional fibre for slip prevention
- Pro Regular Fit footbed with stiffened dual-density design.
- NW Speedplay adapter compatible for the lowest stack height between foot and pedal