Merlin X2.0 Ultegra Mix Carbon Cyclocross Bike - 2016
You’ll not find a better performing cyclocross machine at this price. From lightweight explorer through to podium clinching racer, this bike will exceed your expectations.
Carbon Frame and Fork
The X2.0 Carbon is our first full carbon fibre cyclocross bike. It’s also our first cyclocross bike to have a tapered head tube. Plugged into that head tube is a carbon fork with carbon steerer and oversize fork legs that eliminate front brake chatter. This is not a fragile feeling carbon bike. It’s stiff and reliable and more than capable for the rigours of racing and UK trail bashing. We’ve used 24-ton carbon as it has greater impact resistance and is less brittle than other slightly lighter carbons such as 60-ton.
If you’re on the race course then the internal cable routing and ergonomically shaped down tube and top tube make the X2.0 Carbon very easy to grab and shoulder.
This top end build features fully hydraulic disc brakes from Shimano and a fantastic wheelset in the guise of a pair of DT Swiss R24 DB Spline wheels.
The back end matches the feel of the front end perfectly – they’re direct and responsive. There’s loads of tyre clearance in the frame and fork if you want to run fatter tyres for added comfort as and when. If you are out adventuring then there’s provision for holding two water bottles in the front triangle.
- 24-ton high modulus carbon ﬁbre.
- Full carbon tapered headtube with angular contact bearings.
- Oversized fork crown and legs for superior control and stiffness.
- Internal cable routing.
- Square section down tube gives direct power transfer.
- Pressﬁt BB30 bottom bracket reduces Q-factor and weight whilst also increasing stiffness.
- Compatible with electronic and mechanical shifting.
- Frame: Merlin CX unidirectional carbon
- Brakes: Shimano RS685 Hydraulic Disc Brake Caliper with SRAM Rotors
- Shifters: Shimano RS685 Hydraulic STI Shifters
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 FD-5800
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra RD-6800
- Cassette: Shimano 105 CS-5800 11 Speed 11-28
- Chain: KMC 11 Speed 108L
- Chainset: FSA Gossamer 172.5, 36/46t
- Wheels: DT Swiss R24 Spline Disc
- Tyres: Challenge Grifo Plus 700c x 32mm
- Saddle: 4ZA Stratos 7DD
- Stem: 4ZA Stem 100mm
- Handlebars: 4ZA Handlebars 42cm
- Seatpost: 4ZA Seatpost 350
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.