Tacx Neo Smart Trainer is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Tacx Neo Smart Trainer
This item was discontinued 24th June 2019.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
The Tacx Neo Smart Trainer gives you an authentic direct ride feel thanks to its clever ‘real direct drive’ concept, with no fly-wheel. With 10,000 communication transfers per second the Neo creates a real-life inertia that feels like you’re actually riding on the road. The Tacx Neo smart trainer is quiet too – with no high-speed running noise and no vibration this is one of the world’s quietest trainers.
The Tacx Neo allows you to clamp the rear stays of your bike directly into the trainer just as you would a wheel. Featuring a Bluetooth Smart, ANT+ and FEC interface. The Neo smart trainer automatically communicates in all signals and can therefore be easily connected to a tablet, smartphone or GPS computer to have your training data in view. Using a tablet even makes an interactive training possible, e.g. with training programs such as Zwift. Storage is compact and convenient. This trainer is also compatible with the free Tacx software, which will help to make your training sessions much more fun and realistic.
- Max Resistance: 2,500 watts
- Max incline 30% and descent simulation -10%
- Foldable construction
- Free-wheel body compatible with cassettes from Shimano, SRAM (10-/11-speed) and Campagnolo (9-/10-/11-speed)
- Suitable for rear stay dropouts for hubs with 5 mm quick-release skewer and a hub width of 130 or 135 mm
- Includes Skyliner front wheel support and special quick-release skewer
- Display of the heart rate requires chest strap T1994
- For connecting the trainer with a PC you need the Tacx Upgrade kit T2990
- Trainer can also be used without tablet, smartphone or interface.
- Trainer calculates the resistance that you would feel on a flat road
- Can be used with or without power connection
- Free training with display of speed, cadence, heart rate and performance via Tacx Cycling app
- Pre-installed fitness test & interactive training with real Life videos (demo video Mont Faron, Toulon, France included, special Tacx Real Life videos for tablets can be purchased via Cycling app)
- Compatible with Garmin 520 (use the GPS as a controller or ride a saved route)
Compatibility of the Tacx cyclng app: Apple Ipad 3 and higher, Iphone 4s and higher, IPod touch 5, Android version 4.3 and higher
Compatible with training apps and software - Zwift, Kinomap, TrainerRoad, BKool