Campagnolo Bullet 50 Carbon Rear Wheel
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
Beautiful, Responsive, Benchmark, Aerodynamic, Lightweight. These are the words used by cyclists from the cycling world to describe Campagnolo’s Bullet™ 50 Carbon Clincher Wheels.
Looking at the features and design of this high performance you can see why; beneath the aesthetically beautiful design, these wheels are high performance in the areas where cyclists want it. The Carbon wheel is suitable on every kind of track, with minimum vibrations on uneven surfaces and the rim structure is extremely ridged allowing excellent responsiveness.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES:
INTEGRATED ALUMINIUM/CARBON RIM STRUCTURE:
- The exclusive coupling system of the aluminium rim and carbon structure makes the rim extremely rigid, it allows for excellent responsiveness levels and durability of the wheel.
DYNAMIC BALANCING ON THE RIM:
- Thanks to a special operation of the production process, the carbon fibre layup is positioned in such a way as to obtain perfect balancing of the rim even at high speeds.
- Allows the external profile of the rim to be free of holes, increases structural resistance, makes rim tape unnecessary and reduces the weight of the wheel.
ALUMINIUM PROFILE FOR CLINCHERS:
- Allows the use of the traditional clincher.
EXCLUSIVE PRESSING SYSTEM FOR THE RIM IN UNPAINTED CARBON:
- Enables an extremely limited weight and a smooth surface free from imperfections.
ALUMINIUM HUB BODY:
- Gives the wheel a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces weight to the minimum.
OVERSIZED FLANGE ON THE DRIVE SIDE:
- Increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke.
SPOKE ANTI-ROTATION SYSTEM:
- Keeps the spokes in the position of maximum aerodynamic penetration.
DRSC(TM) (Directional Rim-Spoke Coupling):
- Exclusive rim/spoke coupling system. It allows the rim, spokes, nipples and hub to align properly with the same tensioning value in all areas.
AERODYNAMIC PROFILE IN STEEL:
- Ensuring the maximum aerodynamic penetration and, thanks to the material employed, lower weight and greater reactivity.
- It allows to maintain the right tension of the spokes and does not require any maintenance.
- New, completely redesigned and lighter wheel block Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminium die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure.
- Estimated delivery transit time: 2-4 Days Full Tracking
UPS International 3-5 Days Full Tracking: $0.00
UPS standard international service. Fully trackable door to door delivery by UPS. Transit times are around 3-5 working days for Australia, Japan, USA, Canada plus many other countries worldwide.
UPS International Express 2-4 Days Full Tracking: $46.47
UPS premium international service. Delivered door to door by UPS so very reliable and easily trackable. Delivery times for most countries is around 2-4 working days.
First off these wheels look superb. They are "last seasons" graphics, hence the price, but the wheels are no different. The finish is typical Campag quality. Tires are easy to mount (GP 4000s). They have the new style Campag QR skewers which look good. They also come with the valve extenders required and also knurled nuts to stop the valves rattling. The one thing they do not come with is wheel bags, unlike the latest model. This for me was not an issue at the price.
Unlike other carbon wheels in this sort of price range, these are not just carbon faired wheels they are carbon wheels with an alu rim bonded to them. They roll well and when you get them to 25-30kph they sound cool. I must admit they are not light weight at 1755g for the pair, but they spin up really well and maintain their speed superbly. I must confess I am not a weight weenie so again the weight was not an issue, but they do rotate like a wheel much lighter. I have not had any issues with them catching side winds but I am 80kg so am less prone due to the extra kgs!
My new favorite wheels! Faster than my full carbon Reynolds wheels, sound much better than my Cosmic Carbone SLs. Going into the wind, they are rockets. Yeah, they are not as light as the Reynolds wheels, but they don't have the wet braking issues either. Also has the least noisy Campy rear hub I have ever owned (3 others). And they look fabulous on my yellow 2008 Pinarello Prince (recently upgraded to SR11).
These wheels are the business!! Look great, roll smooth, quiet and solid out of the saddle. I don't think there is a wheel on the market that offers so much for the price. Delivery to New Zealand in 7 days. Excellent
Great wheels. Stiff. Roll superbly. A bit on the heavy side compared to my Eurus, but very well made and look good on the bike.
The skewers they come with are quite a big improvement on the older models from Campagnolo.
These wheels do not need a rim tape and require a tube with at least a 60mm valve.
Out the box they were reasonably true and came with an identification card.
The service from Merlin is outstanding as always and I am very happy with my purchase.
Awesome! I bought them on 45% discount. Light and stiff. Near silent freewheel (which pleased my mates!). Rim is structural, not a carbon fairing. Loads of lateral stiffness too so they don't skip around when you are sprinting out of the saddle. Just need to find a way of stopping the valve stem rattling around in the rim - which seems to happen on all deep section rims I've tried..?
Great service from Merlin - next day delivery. These wheels are exquisitely built and very stiff. Great for climbing with no brake rub at all, very quiet for a carbon rim.
Only ridden twice - both times in very windy conditions.
First 'deep' rim wheels I have ever used.
I had no problems with trying to keep a straight line. Can't say they make me go any faster - only time will tell - a few PBs on Strava would suggest the Bullets don't make me go any slower!
Very basic graphics on the stickers - I like them and that's what counts.
Delivered within 9 working days of the order via the 'free' post option. Merlin postage times are pretty good.
Value for money as well - under $750 Aud for these 'entry level' Bullets. I don't reckon I'll ever notice that they don't have ceramic bearings, and as for the weight, I should lose 5 kgs, so who cares if they weigh over 1700 grams?
Final word - never underestimate the power of the bling factor!
Excellent wheel set, particularly for the price. Both wheels were straight and true, directly out of the carton. Bearings are smooth as silk, hence they roll beautifully.
Weight is quite reasonable for a set of carbon/alloy clinchers.
I highly recommend this wheel set.
In a word AWESOME! First pair of carbon aero wheels and after much shopping around I decided to bite the bullet. Got them in a 50% off sale which blew the prices of other shops out of the water. Not sure how Merlin managed to sell them at that price but I'm glad they did! The wheels themselves are light and stiff and accelerate really smoothly. The aero properties kick in over 18mph, cruising at 23mph is effortless. I've really noticed the difference when at full tilt. When attempting regular segments on Strava (for comparison) I've smashed my times and gotten new pb's all the way without putting any extra effort in. It's not hype, they really do make a difference!
Great price, awsome delivery service and wheels are fantastic. Compared wheels with ENVE 45s on a set of rollers. Surprised to find that I could hold 53 km/h much easier with these wheels than with the ENVEs. The ENVEs are lighter, but once you get these wheels up to speed, they roll beautifully. Thinking of getting rid of the ENVEs to buy a full carbon set of BORAs
Great set of wheels at a fantastic price. As usual, Campagnolo have made a quality, fast, strong & well made wheelset. Highly recommended.
The wheels run excellently, they are built to a high standard and look classy too. A quality product.
Quality and aero wheels. Bearings are great and the wheels sturdy enough for everyday use