This is where you'll find the majority of finishing kit for your bike. Front end stuff, seat post stuff and pedals. Cockpit and finishing kit is where you can really put the personal touch into your bike build.
- Traditional slide-on and modern lock-on grips in all sorts of colours and styles.
- It's always nice to slap on some new bar tape. Treat yourself to some of the good stuff.
- Drop bars in carbon fibre or aluminium in all sorts of widths, drops and reach. Also includes integrated stem handlebars.
- Spacers, top caps, star fangled nuts and that sort of thing.
- Make sure you choose the right one! There are lots of different headset standards and they aren't interchangeable.
- Clipless pedals and cleats for Shimano, Look, Speedplay, Campagnolo, Time and many others.
- Saddles are a personal thing but more often than not it's getting the correct shape and support that's key, not going for the most padded one.
- Make sure you measure the outer diameter of your frame's seat tube. Don't just go off your seatpost's markings.
- Layback or inline? Alloy or carbon? Black or bling? We'll have a seat post to suit.
- Changing a stem can transform how a bike handles and fits. Different lengths, different rises, even different materials are available.
Chances are some of the components that your bike came supplied with aren't exactly to your specification or taste. You may want to try a wider bar, with a shallower drop. You might be thinking of switching to a different type of clipless pedal. You can tweak the pedalling efficiency of your bike by swapping to a seat post with less layback. Then there's the jewellery opportunities of upgrading to a shiny new headset or slapping on some fresh new bar tape. And let's not forget the seemingly endless earch for The Perfect Saddle!