Shimano SLX M7000 Front And Rear Disc Brake Set
Out of Stock
Front Brake OptionsRear Brake Options
- Sorry, Out of Stock
- Sorry, Out of Stock
Shimano SLX M7000 Front And Rear Disc Brake Set - Shimano I.S mount NOT INCLUDED
- Ergonomic and powerful Servo Wave hydraulic disc brake levers offer exceptional control and modulation
- Short stroke Servo-Wave mechanism for quick pad engagement and more power for aggressive riding
- An increase in pad clearance at the calliper has enabled Shimano to use their proven Servo Wave technology. As the brake lever is pulled a cam linkage enables rapid pad to rotor engagement, at the point of contact the cam moves across multiplying the leverage ratio and increasing the stopping power
- Tool free reach adjustment for custom lever feel and position
- Forged alloy 1.5 finger brake lever for optimum strength and reliability
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic brake fluid
- Hinged clamp for quick installation
- I-spec-II compatible
- Front or rear wheel use for International Standard or Post mount with adapters (not included)
- Oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimized for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Increased pad to rotor clearance reduces the chance of rotor drag in muddy conditions
- One way internal fluid circuit makes bleeding easy
Please Note: Shimano I.S mount NOT INCLUDED and pads supplied are standard not finned as pictured
Richie BikelaneFabulous stoppers. Got these on a tandem with 7 and 8" Icetech rotors, quiet, no overheating and false teeth losing power!
Mark in CyprusVery fast and efficient delivery especially as it was overseas. Easy to fit and worked a treat first time. First used on a 13km decent with no fade or variation in the bite point.
ChickenFabulous, 1 finger braking in the wet, big improvement compared to my v-brakes on the other bike. Very good brakes, easy set up, fast delivery from Merlin.
laurenceSuper set of brakes. Replaced the Avid Elixirs that had become very draggy despite being properly bled. Shimano's choice to use mineral oil instead of dot 4 brake fluid means they need bleeding much less frequently and are less prone to piston seizure. I had to cut down the hoses as they were way to long for my bike, but that was easy to do with the spare olives and inserts supplied in the box. Brake levers are easily adjustable for reach and the brakes are very powerful and well modulated. Price from Merlin was much better than any other seller! Many sellers asking the same for one brake as Merlin were charging for the set!
Mr BerardMuch better feeling compared to my Formula Rx! You should note that it's a UK version, I had to switch levers.
Mr CaineEasy to fit. The brakes worked great from the off. Great price and service from Merlin Cycles
Mr ChalmersBased on two rides over a week, these offer good, powerful braking at a reasonable price, as you`d expect from Shimano, with better modulation than previous SLX brakes.
deanGreat brakes, easy to fit and setup and a bargain price the boot!
Rob K.The price was brilliant but the factory bleed was a joke as both brakes needed bleeding and quite a bit of brake fluid to work as they should. They pull up really well but the bite point is much closer to the bars and will take some getting used to after having had Deore brakes which didn't have much free stroke before sort of working.
MichaelI Bought for mainly XC. But this brakeset should be adequate for all but serious downhill bikes. They look good too.
Mr vincentVery capable brake with plenty of stopping power at a fraction of the cost of other brands.
Mr PearceExcellent. Almost gone over the handlebars a few times. Need to work out how to adjust slack on levers though information is limited.