TRP Spyre SLC Disc Brake
RRP $109.56 Save 22%
TRP Spyre SLC Disc Brake
Finally a mechanical disc brake that offers superior performance and is a snap to set up. The Spyre SLC is a dual sided mechanical where both pads actuate providing even and precise clamping force. This translates into even pad wear and, then we added a simple cable barrel adjuster so the pads can be adjusted easily and hassle free. No frustration at completely adjusting the whole caliper, only to have it continue to drag the fixed side, adding wear! All of this in a incredibly thin 40mm wide, 146g slender package that works with any of the drop bar levers on the market. Available with 140mm or 160mm rotor and includes all mounting hardware, rotor, and adapters.
- New and revised version
- Carbon actuation arm for maximum weight savings
- Dual sided actuation
- Even pad wear
- Easy adjustment and set up
- Works with ALL cable actuated road levers
- TRP's own ultra-grippy semi-metallic pad that is Shimano M525/M515 compatible allowing for further customization
- Compound works well in dry conditions but may wear quickly in wet/muddy conditions
- Available in glossy dark silver with carbon actuation arm
- 140mm or 160mm rotor options will work for both front and rear
- All mounting hardware, rotor, and adapters included
- 140 versions include our L2 (140R/160F) IS to PM adapter
- 160 versions include both L2 and L3 (160R/180F) IS to PM adapters
- Post mount to post mount adapters available separately
- Weight: 146g/caliper per wheel
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States
Mr PeggOriginally wanted the standard version, but weren't in stock so went for the slightly more expensive ones to finish off a Cotic Escapade. When I first put them on they didn't stop me very well, but after 'bedding in' they are actually really good stoppers... even before you consider they aren't hydraulic. One of the few cable pull brakes I've found where both pads are pulled equally (not just one pad moving like Avids mechanical ones). Needless to say I have 2 sets, front and rear. Both 160mm rotors (although the mounts come for both sizes).
HoodVery easy to set up - lightweight and neat design with simple adjustment (no fixed pad so adjustment is as simple as tightening a barrel adjuster). Similar braking power to the Render caliper it replaced but lever feel seems much better - also, the method of clamping to the cable seems much better. Cannot say how they perform in the long term as I have only had it a week.
Mr LenaertProblems, problems with hydraulic disc brakes. Had Hayes Stroker Trail, Avid Elixir 5, Avid Elixir CR. All the same problem: one of the two pistons becomes stuck, with a lot of moaning to get the pad changed, and have no dragging pad afterwards. The TRP Spyre Disc Brake looks great. Does what is should do: braking and has proven its quality in the cyclocross world, where they know something about mud!
Mr amosGreat brakes, look fantastic, easy to set up and excellent stopping power