Fulcrum Racing Speed 55C C17 Carbon Clincher Road Wheelset
Keeping up with their incredibly high standards, Fulcrum have certainly raised the bar with the Speed 55C C17 Carbon Road Wheelset, designed for speed and making the most of aerodynamics. Ready to take your ride to the next level, the Speed 55C C17 Carbon Road Wheelset is the work of intense research carried out by Fulcrum. Deploying their new AC3 technology to give both the look and use an upgrade, the full-carbon rim benefits from a different braking rim and has an elastic responsiveness certain to give you the upper hand on your rivals. Perfect for sprinters, power transfers are enhanced for nothing but pure speed, while the aerodynamic wheels maintain energy ready for deployment when it matters most. Just as capable on the triathlon scene, the 55C utilises a flywheel effect created by the rim rotation, optimising support to help acceleration whether on the flat or climbing short hills.
In addition to keeping the Speed family wheels moving forward, a great deal of research and development has gone into slowing them down. A fast wheel is only as good as the control it offers to the rider and the all-new AC3, brake track technology incorporated into the 55C offers unprecedented braking performance. The new technology incorporates laser treatment upon the brake track, eliminating all traces of resin, and allowing pads to brake on a more surefooted and planar carbon surface. While braking performance improves across the board, in wet conditions the AC3 excels with stopping distances more than 30% shorter when compared to previous versions.
- Rim: Twill Carbon
- Rim Depth: 55mm
- Brake Surface: Twill Carbon, AC3 Treatment
- Front Axle: Quick Release. Carbon, Aluminium flanges
- Rear Axle: Quick Release. Aluminium, Aluminium oversized flange
- Freehub: Shimano 9/10/11
- Bearings: USB Ceramic bearings, Adjustable Cup and Cones bearing system
- Spokes: Aero, Straight pull
- Spoke Count: 18 Front, 21 Rear
- Supplied With: Valve extenders (Front and Rear), 2 Pairs of brake pads (Front and Rear), Quick Release Front and Rear axles, 2 tyre levers
- Weight: 1470g per pair