Merlin Performance PR7 Road Bike - 2016
If you’re looking for your first road bike then look no more. The PR7 rivals other bikes that cost twice this price. It’s not just a good looking bike, it’s a great riding bike too.
A sophisticated aluminium frame paired with a carbon fork and built up using quality Shimano gearing and Mavic equipped wheels. This bike is a real testament to how technology that was previously found on much more expensive machines ends up trickling down to bikes at the more affordable end of the spectrum.
The frame is the heart of any bike and it’s here where the PR7 really impresses. A quality aluminium tubeset with profiles rarely seen on entry level bikes. The integrated heat tube, oversize bi-axial down tube and broad-to-slim top tube all combine to give the frame impressive stiffness and efficiency under power.
We have specced the tyres as a 25mm option. This really helps to offer a smooth and forgiving ride over less than perfect road surfaces.
Our designers have done a great job with the paintjob and the decals too. We think this is a really classy looking bike. Why should less expensive bikes look naff?
The carbon fork is a real bonus. Often the first thing that gets replaced on entry level bikes is the harsh metal fork, so we saved you the bother and fitted a decent carbon fork from the get-go.
Above all it’s a simple and reliable machine. The Shimano Claris drivetrain offers crisp and quick indexed gear shifting with a broad range of gearing that’s capable of steep climbs as well as flat-out sprints.
A final feature to mention is the mount on the rear stays which means that you can run a rear pannier rack simply and reliably.
We have a history in designing excellent road bikes and although this is one of the lowest price ones, it’s also definitely one of our favourites.
56cm and 59cm are the new 2017 models
- Frame: 6061 Aluminium Road Bike Frame
- Fork: 700c UD Carbon Road Fork With Alloy Steerer
- Wheels: Mavic CXP-22 Black 700c Wheelset with Joytech hubs
- Tyres: 700x25c CST Road
- Chainset: FSA Tempo 8 Speed Road Chainset - 34/50 Chainrings (Not as pictured)
- Chain: Shimano HG50 8 Speed Chain
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Claris FD-2400 Front Derailleur
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Claris FD-2400 Rear Derailleur
- Gear/Brake Levers: Shimano Claris ST-2400 Gear/Brake Levers
- Cassette: Shimano HG50 8 Speed Cassette 11-30T
- Handlebars: Merlin Alloy Black Road Handlebars
- Stem: Merlin Alloy Black Road Stem
- Seatpost: Merlin Alloy Black Seatpost
- Saddle: Merlin Black
- Pedals: Wellgo alloy flat pedals & toe clips
- Weight: 10.4kg
- Rack mount: Yes
- Rear mudguard eyelets: Yes
- Front mudguard eyelets: No
- Sizes: 50cm, 53cm, 56cm, 59cm
- 50cm - Stem 90mm, Cranks 165mm, Bars 42cm Centre-to-Centre
- 53cm - Stem 100mm, Cranks 170mm, Bars 42cm Centre-to-Centre
- 56cm - Stem 100mm, Cranks 175mm, Bars 42cm Centre-to-Centre
- 59cm - Stem 110mm, Cranks 175mm, Bars 44cm Centre-to-Centre
|Rider height||Frame size|
|5′ 3″ – 5′ 5″||50cm – 52cm|
|5′ 5″ – 5′ 7″||52cm – 54cm|
|5′ 7″ – 5′ 9″||54cm – 56cm|
|5′ 9″ – 5′ 11″||56cm – 58cm|
|5′ 11″ – 6′ 2″||58cm – 60cm|
|6′ 2″ – 6′ 5″||60cm – 62cm|
These sizes are a guideline only. If you are unsure please contact our customer service team for assistance, email@example.com
Please allow 7-10 days build time for this bike.