Merlin ROC Disc 105 Road Bike is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Merlin ROC Disc 105 Road Bike
This item was discontinued 10th October 2020.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
The Merlin ROC Disc road bike featuring Shimano 105 hydraulic disc brakes is a highly versatile, efficient all-rounder that takes the braking surface away from the rim of the wheel and enhances tyre clearance within the frame enabling you to fit up to 30c width tyres with room for a full mudguard or a 35mm gravel tyre with no mudguard.
This type of versatile all-weather, mixed-terrain road bike has really caught on over the last few years for obvious reasons. With fatter tyres and enhanced clearance between tyre and frame you don't have to stick to smooth tarmac roads; with a full complement of mounts the bike is ready to sport mudguards making it the perfect wet weather road bike.
The Merlin ROC Disc features a triple-butted 6061 Aluminium frame with a comfortable, confident geometry that encourages all-day riding, a carbon fork that stops the ride feeling too harsh when you’re on the ruff-stuff and quality Shimano 105 hydraulic disc brakes that deliver consistent, controllable braking in all weathers and riding conditions. A dependable, precise shifting Shimano 105 groupset with wide-ratio gearing completes the package.
- Frame: Triple-butted 6061 Series Aluminium, Q/R rear dropouts, 135mm spacing
- Fork: Merlin Disc with carbon blades, flat-mount disc fitting and alloy steerer, Q/R dropouts
- Internal gear cable routing
- Internal disc brake hose routing
- Flat-mount disc fitting for neater look
- Max tyre clearance - 35/38mm Gravel Tyre (without mudguards fitted)
- Wheels: Mavic XM319 Disc rims on Shimano RS505 Quick Release hubs
- Tyres: Schwalbe Durano Race Guard 700x28
- Gear/Brake Levers: Shimano RS505 Hydraulic Brake / Mechanical Gear
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800 (Med Cage)
- Chainset: Shimano FC-RS510 50/34T
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hollow Tech II (Threaded)
- Cassette: Shimano 105 5800 11-32T
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG601
- Pedals: Not included
- Saddle: Merlin Black
- Seatpost: Kalloy Uno
- Handlebars: Kalloy Uno
- Grips: Black Cork Handlebar Tape
- Stem: Kalloy Uno
- Brake calipers: Hydraulic Shimano RS505 Road Disc
Road. CC Review 4/5
"A versatile all-weather road machine with a very pleasant ride feel that is just as happy off the beaten track." Full review here
Road.CC - Road bike of the Year 2019/2020 Finalist
Geometry & Sizing
Please Note: The current build time for bikes can be found at the checkout.. Image of the bike with full mudguards is for illustration purposes only, these are not included with the bike and are sold separatly.