Merlin ROC Disc Ultegra Road Bike – 2018
The Merlin ROC Disc road bike featuring a Shimano Ultegra 11 speed groupset and hydraulic disc brakes is a highly versatile, efficient all-rounder that takes the braking surface away from the rim of the wheel and enhances tyre clearance within the frame enabling you to fit up to 30c width tyres with room for a full mudguard or a 35mm gravel tyre with no mudguard.
This type of versatile all-weather, mixed-terrain road bike has really caught on over the last few years for obvious reasons. With fatter tyres and enhanced clearance between tyre and frame you don't have to stick to smooth tarmac roads; with a full complement of mounts the bike is ready to sport mudguards making it the perfect wet weather road bike.
The Merlin ROC Disc features a triple-butted 6061 Aluminium frame with a comfortable, confident geometry that encourages all-day riding, a carbon fork that stops the ride feeling too harsh when you’re on the ruff-stuff and quality Shimano hydraulic disc brakes that deliver consistent, controllable braking in all weathers and riding conditions. A dependable, precise shifting Shimano Ultegra groupset with wide-ratio gearing completes the package.
- Frame: Triple-butted 6061 Series Aluminium, Q/R rear dropouts, 135mm spacing
- Fork: Merlin Disc with carbon blades, flat-mount disc fitting and alloy steerer, Q/R dropouts
- Internal gear cable routing
- Internal disc brake hose routing
- Flat-mount disc fitting for neater look
- Max tyre clearance - 35/38mm Gravel Tyre (without mudguards fitted)
- Wheels: Mavic XM319 Disc rims on Shimano RS505 Quick Release hubs
- Tyres: Schwalbe Durano Race Guard 700x28
- Gear/Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra ST-R8020 Hydraulic Brake / 11-speed Mechanical Gear
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-R8000
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra R8000 (Med Cage)
- Chainset: Shimano Ultegra R8000 50/34T
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hollow Tech II (Threaded)
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-32T 11-Speed
- Chain: Shimano 11-Speed
- Pedals: Not included
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1
- Seatpost: Kalloy Uno
- Handlebars: Kalloy Uno
- Grips: Black Cork Handlebar Tape
- Stem: Kalloy Uno
- Brake calipers: Hydraulic Shimano Ultegra BR-B8070 Road Disc
Road. CC Review 4/5 (105 Spec)
"A versatile all-weather road machine with a very pleasant ride feel that is just as happy off the beaten track." Full review here
Geometry & Sizing
PLEASE NOTE: All of our bikes are built to order. This usually takes between 3-8 working days depending on time of year. Image of the bike with full mudguards is for illustration purposes only, these are not included with the bike and are sold seperatly.