Northwave Extreme Tech SBS Cycling Shoes
RRP $294.47Save 64%
Northwave Extreme Tech SBS Cycling Shoes
The Northwave Extreme Tech SBS is one of the most advanced road shoes in terms of design, technology and performance on the market. This is a super stiff, super fast and super comfortable top end race shoe that is aimed at the professional and serious rider, who demands the very best from their cycling shoes. The SBS equipped version provides easier fastening and on-the-fly adjustment.
Northwave are an Italian company focused on producing cycling apparel of the highest quality for professionals and amateurs alike. Northwave products are used by some of the greatest cyclists of our time, from the Schleck brothers to Philippe Gilbert, and as a result, you can place your faith in products that the best in the business rely on. Looking for ultimate performance and reliability? Choose Northwave.
- The Extreme Tech SBS has an ultralight carbon sole which offers superior stiffness, minimal thickness and a lightweight platform, which ensures minimal loss of power when you put the hammer down.
- SBS micrometric closure for precise fastening.
- Ventilation channels on the sole and the footbed provide all important cooling and moisture transfer for your feet, whatever the temperature.
- The upper has been constructed using advanced bio-mapping and is a single shell design with no stitching, that results in near perfect fit and excellent levels of comfort and foot positioning.
- Padded ankles to ensure no irritation on those punishing climbs.
- Extreme Air footbed offers superior levels of support and performance.
- Sole: 3 bolt (Look, Speedplay, Shimano SPD-SL and Time).
- New Ultralight Footbed:
- 12:3 Stiffness to weight ratio.
- Lightest (60g 30g less than the Evo) and stiffest outsole on the market.
- Extreme outsole and insole vents are precisely aligned to provide class leading ventilation.
New Northwave Speedplay Adapter System:
- Co-developed with Speedplay
- Nylon with stainless steel outsole protection plate
- Just 0.3mm stack height instead of 3mm with normal Speedplay adaptor
- Saves 7.5 grams
- Still allows natural curved outsole shape and reduces unnecessary weight that some 4 hole flat soled Speedplay specific shoes have.
- The natural outsole shape means the fore or aft cleat positions do not push the pedal further from the foot compared to completely flat 4 hole systems.
New Speed Lace Winch System:
- Combined with SBS micro adjuster strap allows the ultimate in fit and on-the-fly adjustment
- Uses proven technology developed for Northwave's market leading snowboard boots.
- Features a Plyamide 'Dyneema' cord (from Parachute design) that is heat treated and wax coated.
- The Dyneema cord is stronger and holds the foot firmer than steel wire as well as being kink resistant.
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States
Ms BattenThese shoes have great support and are extraordinarily light. They are quite a narrow fit though and the fit on my left foot is a touch tight. I am hoping it will stretch a little with more use.
Mr rowlinsonThe shoes are light and the soles very stiff and overall the quality is very good. I would definitely recommend them, just be mindful of what size you order, I am a UK 10 in normal shoes so ordered a 45.5 or UK 11.5, they were a decent fit but could have done with a 46 which was out of stock. The shoes are light and the soles very stiff and overall the quality is very good. I would definitely recommend them, just be mindful of what size you order.
Paul LI was looking for a pair of native 4-bolt Speedplay shoes to get away from the 3-4 hole adapter when I ran across these. Even thought they do use an adapter, it goes inside the shoe rather than outside, and IMO that works far better as it's one fewer set of screws to worry about. You do have to order the Speedplay adapter separately though. These shoes fit well (my feet are wide at the forefoot but narrow at the heel) and they have quite a bit of adjustability. They also come with a second set of thicker insoles included, so if you find them a bit loose, you can use these to compensate. They also come with a nice travel bag for the shoes. Possibly my best fitting shoes ever.
Mr MogensenNice fit for a wide nordic foot like mine. Extreme stiff sole. Very "fast" shoe
Mr BartonA fantastic pair of shoes. They will be great for our warm summers. First pair of Northwave I have owned, Love them. Light, super stiff sole, plenty of vents. Will happily by another pair and recommenced to everyone.
Mr AppelbaumI've always gotten Carnacs, but no more. These are great because they are super light and stiff and have a great adjustment system. Caveat: I inserted Superfeet and the comfort really improved. I would recommend this for anyone with narrow feet.
David GreenSuper comfy shoes that are very light too.
Mr beckettGreat shoe. Light, and perfect if you have wide feet.
Mr FranklinAfter struggling with Numb feet in various other Brands due to most having a narrow toe box, it was refreshing to find these Northwaves with ample room and not feeling squashed.. also with a choice of foot beds for added customisation. The quality is top notch also very stiff shoe and a great range of adjustment to the fitting. best pair I have owned by far! Will be purchasing another pair very soon!
Mr horanLight weight racing shoe. Fit is spot on for me, but might not be suitable for others with different shaped feet. Good ventilation, so probably not a shoe for the colder conditions. Comes with a choice of footbeds. Overall very happy.
Mr WeinhandlFantastic shoes, I have wide feet with high insteps and these perform and are comfortable
Mr christieWhat a difference! Firstly the fit, I wear size 8 UK and the 42 size was a perfect fit. As soon as you fasten the shoe you'll notice how it wraps around your foot and not just tightens on the top. On the bike you no longer feel the pedal pressure but instead a solid platform where you know all the power is being transferred to the bike. I'll be trying to sprint next :)
Mr DougasThese are my first pair of Northwave shoes and I am extremely impressed with their light weight and quality of finish, the only thing that lets them down is the ratchet mechanism used to adjust the first strap, not one of the best I have used. Hence the 4 stars.
Mr Della RoccaGood shoes, easy to fit, even in the saddle. If you have a wide sole or high instep, perhaps you need a bigger size. Cleats not included. About Merlin: best price I found in Europe, fast delivery in Italy (5 working days).
Mr StevensonVery comfortable and lightweight shoe. Went for the multi coloured option which I think look great.
Mr GreenNice shoes, very high quality, but just far too narrow for my feet. Mine boats are 113mm wide, I would say these are around 108mm wide. If they fit, they're one of the best shoes I've tried and at this price, why wouldn't you?
Mr BentleyA good choice for me, sizes are sort of what they should be, maybe a little small, but not too much, as you wear them they will give. Very adjustable and featherlight
Mr TorosGreat shoes. Really light and rigid. Great choice for speedplay pedals also. Sizing is the same for me for Shimano shoes. Comes with 2 inner soles; one thick and one thin. Only problem that, if you have narrow feet, even with the thick sole, it might be a bit wide. Still narrower than the other NW shoes but not a narrow fit definitely.
Paul CVery comfy shoes with fitting of normal shoe size. Width wider than normal cycling shoes. NW symbol looks to be reflective rather than the white of many pictures. Works superbly with Northwave Speedplay adaptor kit. Does need quite a bit of brutality to get the inner up to allow removing of the standard adaptor to be replaced by the Speedplay one - due to a little too much glue. But it all comes up without any permanent damage and doesn't need the glue to keep the Speedplay adaptor in place.
KevinLight, comfortable, great fit and nice and cool very pleased.
AnonVery stiff sole, excellent fastenings allow for the shoe to be fitted well to my foot, reasonably well ventilated as well.