- Columbus Tusk Light Forks
Sorry, this product is no longer available!
Columbus Tusk Light Forks is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
This item was discontinued 17th June 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- Columbus has been designing and producing fork blades and steering columns for forks since 1900.
- During this time Columbus has increased its knowledge to correctly define every functional aspect of a fork, thoroughly calculating the optimum side and frontal strength parameters, without forgetting aesthetics and lightness
- High Modulus carbon fibre
- Full carbon steerer
- Crown in forged 6061 aluminium alloy
- Suitable for Integrated head tube
- Profiled Carbon fork blades
- Forged 6061 alloy drop outs
- Rake - 45mm
- Weight - 580g with 300mm uncut steerer
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Mr De Tank
Great looking forks - stiff in the steerer and does a good job removing some of the road vibrations. A little heavy at around 650 grams but they do the job. Also a great price!
I have now done about 100 miles with thee forks on the bike and am 100% satisfied with them. A specialized dealer recommended them as a replacement for their forks with the Zertz inserts as they have the same geometry, and the bike seems to feel exactly as it did with those on it. They are black and shiny. I'm not sure whether I like the way the makers name is applied, but that's just my taste and I don't look at it whilst riding anyway.
My only reservation came on unpacking them - after reading about Columbus' illustrious pedigree and credentials as forkmakers, I was disappointed to find a "Made in China" label on them, but I suppose that's the way it is.
And a word of advice, from the mechanic who fitted them. If you are, as he was, replacing forks with an alloy steerer, with one of carbon, you need to change the locking clamp as the one for alloy will damage the carbon.
That's not a criticism of the product or the supplier, but needs pointing out as it could cause serious problems.
Overall though, a good product on the face of it, at an excelent price. Quick delivery too. Thanks Merlin.