Shimano Deore M592 Shadow 9 Speed Rear Derailleur
Shimano Deore Shadow rear mech in black.
- Wide link Shadow design top normal Deore rear derailleur
- Shadow features a super low profile design that reduces the risk of damage from trail side hazards
- Single tension spring prevents contact with the chainstay resulting in a silent ride
- Direct cable routing prevents snagging from any trail side hazards
- Alloy and steel construction leads to lower weight without compromising strength and durability
- Wide link design increases rigidity and service life
- Top normal return spring lends to incredibly intuitive operation when combined with Rapidfire shifters
- Large 11 tooth pulleys are used for longer life
- Two fluorine-coated link bushings for low-friction operation
- 8- and 9-speed compatible
- Compatible with 32-36T low sprocket
- Average weight 286 grams
Chris I was delighted when I found this. My MTB Is quite old now and I thought these derailleurs were no longer available.... Kudos to Merlin. Great quality, they look fantastic and the price was outstanding. Delivered to Australia from the UK quicker than a delivery from my local bike shop !
DF This produces crisp and accurate gear changes. A very competitive price and efficient order and delivery system. Thank you Merlin
Mr Robinson Bought as a replacement for an old XT mech. Although a 'step down' in model it is a step up in performance due to advances in technology. Smooth and reliable shifting from a robust design it is all you will ever need for trail centre riding in UK.
Mr Whitlock It might not boast the exotic materials and general bling of Shimanos flagship XTR, but the Deore rear mech looses nothing in terms of performance. Eventually, tech from the top-end products trickles down to stuff we can actually afford. And so is the case with Deore, with Shadow technology featuring. Here the mech has a much narrower profile, with the parallelogram sticking out far less and sitting inboard of the rear dropout, so theres a lot less chance of it being ripped off if you get a little too close to a rock or other trail obstacle. . The single tension spring noticeably prevents the mech from bouncing around resulting in better shifting over rough ground with less body movement. Also improved is cable routing. The cable now takes a much more direct path which not only looks cleaner on the bike but also reduces that large loop that usually tries to snag on every hazard on the trail. Shifting doesnt feel quite as precise and smooth as XT or XTR, but youll be hard pressed to really notice much difference out on the trail. If anything, the shifters make more of an impact on the shift performance and feel than the actual rear mech unit, but paired with Deore shifters we found the shifting flawless. As much as it would be nice to have the bling of an XTR rear mech, truth be told that the Deore mech works just as well and costs a far lot less, and well happily live with the weight penalty. With the excellent performance and low cost , you really cant go wrong
Mr jenkins Sharp precise shifts every time
Mr sykes Great rear mech, will reach to a 36T. Good price.
Grant Doig Another excellent Shimano product. Smooth movement, great shifting performance. Recommended.
Mr Gardner Good reliable derailleur. Only problem is that it is not as easy to adjust as the standard (not shadow) version