Schwalbe Ultremo Double Defence Folding Tyre
- HD Ceramic Guard. This unique, high-density fabric offers highly effective protection against penetration punctures.
- The additional coating of tiny ceramic particles blunts small shards of embedded glass, so that migration through the tyre is stalled.
- SnakeSkin. The addition of "snake skin" protects the tyre shoulder and side wall against sharp rocks and broken glass.
- Although side wall defects are quite rare in road racing, it is still annoying when it happens.
- And worst, the tyre is often not just punctured by a cut, it is frequently completely destroyed.
- Double defence is the best prevention against this happening.
- The additional protection works particularly well on the shoulders and side walls.
- Cuts by glass shards, or sharp flints are effectively repelled.
- Weight and rolling resistance remain low.
- Naturally with Triple Nano Compound.
- Sizes - 700 x 23 or 25c
- Weight - 225-245g approx
- Colour - Black only
- Bead - Folding
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $8.36
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail International Signed For 5-10 Days: $8.36
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-8 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 5-10 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
These tyres were used by my son Chris Mingo to ride Marmotte GrandFondo sportif France, 6th July, race no. 7077 they served him well, as he suffered NO punctures as did many who took part
Best feeling tyres ever! A great boost of confidence. No punctures as of yet after about 300 miles, over many potholes :D
Great tyres - have used these for a couple of years now
These have become my road tyre of choice for year round training and events. I reckon they've got the right balance of weight/speed/durability/price and they're cheapest here. They also look brilliant, especially when brand new.
I wanted a fast tire for my triathlon race bike but didn't want to abandon all puncture protection. After a couple of races, this seems to have done the trick. Its a fast slick tire which can be run at high pressure and, so far, has proven to be tougher than the ultremo zx. Plus, it looks great on the wheel. Haven't had it long enough to discuss longevity but hope it will take me through next season.
Replaced the 23mm tyres on my bike with these to get a more cushioned ride. Great grip even in the wet with good rolling resistance. They are on a pair of Mavic Ksyrium Elite's and the ride is fantastic. Superb service from Merlin. Had them in my hands 23 hours after ordering. What more could you ask for.
Great tyre. Looks good, grips well with no noticeable reduction in roll. As yet no punctures
Look great, roll fantastically for a training tyre and no punctures as yet. What more do you need?
I have used these tyres for sometime now, fast rolling they wear well and I only had one puncture in 18 months from my last set.
I was impressed with the quick delivery, out of the box easy to fit, just like the nobly nicks I bought last year, they are surprisingly grippy in both wet and dry weather giviing confidence ascending and descending. Great value
Recently replaced my old Ultremo DD's with a new set. The old ones provided great service. They finally gave out after 5,000k and running over a metal spike. Was able to remove the spike an still get a couple of hundred k before the outer tyre started to shred but it still remained inflated. Great tyres !
Merlin service was great too.
Very quick delivery and as expected. Good quality product and fully boxed. These are a mega tyre (loads of grip and feel) and look great fitted to my Shimano C24 Dura-Ace wheels